What is CMAX?
COTA’s first Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) line, known as CMAX, will connect customers to major destinations along Cleveland Avenue between downtown Columbus and Polaris Parkway/Africa Road, beginning January 2018.
- Traffic Signal Priority (TSP), for shortened travel times
- Improved mobility and reliability in congested corridor
- Projected 20% increase in ridership in 5 years
- Provides an alternative transportation option for the growing population in Central Ohio
- Improved pedestrian access and safety
- 63 new stations along the Cleveland Avenue/Downtown Corridor
|Downtown to SR-161||10 min.||15 min.||15 min.||15 min.|
|SR-161 to Polaris Parkway/Africa Road||30 min.||30 min.||30 min.||30 min.|
|Downtown||Columbus State||.20 Miles|
|Columbus State||Northern Lights Park & Ride||.43 Miles|
|Northern Lights Park & Ride||State Route 161||.58 Miles|
|State Route 161||Africa Road||.75 Miles|
Please Note: Beginning at 10 p.m. nightly, CMAX service will include all Line 6 stops north of downtown.