How do you want to get around in the next 10, 15, 25 years and beyond? Our region is growing, attracting more jobs and more people who are all traveling the same streets. COTA NextGen envisions a way forward. It’s your move!
Vision 2050: Enhancing Service
You want more choices! Local service investments envisioned by 2050 include:
- More frequent bus service, on more routes, on more days
- More urban circulators like CBUS
- New suburban circulators and additional service connecting suburban areas
- More freeway commuter service
- More suburban job access (reverse commutes)
- More transit for seniors and people with disabilities
- Infrastructure and technology upgrades to improve service quality
Vision 2050: Creating Faster Service
You want high capacity transit service — either rail or rapid buses. High capacity transit carries more people than a typical bus line at higher speeds, with more frequent service and fewer stops in a congestion-proof corridor.
With your input, we identified 26 potential places for faster transit service. The NextGen team conducted two rounds of technical analysis. Through the first round (Tier 1), 13 of these corridors arose as likely candidates for development. Analysis continued throughout 2017 to prioritize these corridors through the Tier 2 evaluation process that is contained within the NextGen report.